Hard Turning and Grinding Machine FTC 180 HS
Hard turning and grinding in one clamping – with the FTC 180 HS.
The performance of this proven system of the machine platform FTC 180 for serial production of precision gears is beyond standard turning applications. Grinding spindles integrated into the turret convert the turning machine to a universal dry machining hard turning and grinding center. The grinding process is controlled with an integrated acoustic emission sensor system.
Costs are reduced significantly with dry machining, even for the grinding process. ID, OD, or cone grinding are easily achieved with these high precision turning and grinding machines. With more than 6 million gears machined in production, the FTC 180 HS has proven its superior quality in the mass production environment.
The extraordinary bench mark:
- Chip-to-chip time < 1 second due to
- loading/unloading parallel to the processing
- pendular machining with 2 spindles
- Ideal for dry machining
- High speed grinding spindle, process controlled with an acoustic emission sensor system
- Tail stock for shaft type components (option)
- Easy operator interface with intelligent technology software package
- Singular construction design with lift hooks for easy redeployment
For a multitude of manufacturing possibilities:
- Grinding of inner and outer diameters
- In process gaging to detect the work piece Z-axis position, manufacturing tolerances and tool compensation
Precision to the µm, day after day, year after year
All turning machines of the FTC 180 platform have a mono-block machine base made from mineral base concrete for maximum rigidity with optimum damping characteristics and high dynamic axis servo drives. The turret with Hirth coupling in combination with the CAPTO C5 tool connection, direct driven synchron motor spindle with a front bearing of 120mm are the guarantee of highest quality and a long life of the production machine. If needed for the process driven tools for milling or grinding operations can be included in the turret.