Hobbing Machine FHC 280
The Felsomat Flexible Hobbing Center 280 280 is setting a new standard in the complete machining of precision gears. Especially developed for high speed cutting (HSC process) for bigger gears of car transmissions, the FHC 280 280 is reducing the cost per part up to 30% with the integration of chamfering, deburring and parallel loading unloading in a gear manufacturing system and all this with a minimum of floor space and a maximum of work area. Based on the proven components of the FHC platform, the FHC 280 was developed as a single spindle machine for the precision machining of larger gears.
High Performance Facts:
- Chip-to-chip time < 6 seconds
- Work piece diameter up to 280 mm possible
- Lowest cost per piece and longer tool life
- Ideal for dry machining
- Rigid and sturdy work pice –and tooling spindle, increased cutting paramters and tool life.
- Shorter main time through
- a higher material removal rate
- Finish machinig in final quality IT4 to IT5 with the single cut or a dressing cut process
- Easy change over through excellent access and ergonomical work holding and hob tool change < 10 min.
- Easy operator interface with intelligent technology software package
- Singular construction design with lift hooks for easy redeployment
For a multitude of manufacturing possibilities:
- Complete machining – hobbing, chamfering, and deburring – of gear profiles in one clamping
- Push-roll-deburring with fettling wheel and elimination of the resulting scondary burr at the flank with the dressing cut
Convenient tool change:
To change the hob cutter, the hob head is swiveled into a vertical position prior to the operator accessing the work area. Based on the excellent access and the use of both hands a hob cutter change is possible in only 30 seconds.
Precision to the µm, day after day, year after year
All hobbing machines of the FHC platform have a mono-block machine base made from mineral base concrete for maximum rigidity with optimum damping characteristics and high dynamic axis servo drives. Direct driven synchron motors for the work piece spindle and the tool spindle with high resolution encoders, guarantee a high dynamic feedback control system, highest quality and a long life of the production machine.